Computer room maintenance, Grid Computing Center
Wednesday, July 25 and Thursday, July 26
6:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. both days
Thursday, July 26:
The following areas of GCC will be completely shut down between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.: Computer Room A, Network Room A, Tape Robot Room. Services that are affected may have slightly different downtimes, as indicated below.
SERVICES AFFECTED (This list will be updated as information becomes available)
- CMS read/write to tape
- D0 and CDF read/write their RAW data (which isn't being accessed much now)
- Experiment RMAN database backups
- Duplicate copy writes for experiments making duplicate copies (copies will be made automatically later)
2. CMS (from 5:45 until 3 p.m.)
- Limited service disruptions
- cmslpc13-18 will be down
- cmsfnal01-03 will be down
- data on tape unavailable.
- All other services should be available
July 27; 6:22 p.m.: Most of the computing impacted by today's planned power outage at GCC has been restored. A few remaining systems will be restored tomorrow morning.