Intended for: Users who need to use a certificate to access a protected website, application, computer or other resources
This article describes different types of certificates you can use at Fermilab.
Typical computer services that require certificate authentication include protected websites, grid services, and email signing and encryption.
- What is a certificate and what is it used for?
- What is a CA certificate?
- Do I need a certificate and if so what type?
- How to get a CILogon Basic CA certificate and load it into your browser
- How to remove your old CILogon Basic CA certificate from your browser
- How to get a CILogon Basic CA certificate from the command line
- CILogon FAQ
- How do I get an OSG certificate?
- How do I test and troubleshoot my OSG certificate problems?
- How do I import an OSG certificate into a browser?
- How do I export an OSG certificate into a file?
- Trusting certificates and downloading CA certificates
- Computer security concepts for understanding certificates
- How to use certificates to access SSL-restricted webpages