Intended for: Users who need to use a certificate to access a protected website, application, computer or other resources
Typical computer services that require certificate authentication include protected websites and grid services.
Note: To meet the needs of Fermilab's scientific users, the certificate authority (CA) for issuing CILogon personal certificates was changed from CILogon Basic CA to CILogon Silver CA on Nov. 7, 2019. The steps for requesting a CILogon Silver CA certificate are the same as those for requesting a CILogon Basic CA certificate. Fermilab services that accept CILogon Basic CA personal certificates for authentication will accept both CILogon Basic CA certificates and CILogon Silver CA certificates starting Nov. 7, 2019.
- How to get a CILogon Silver CA certificate and load it into your browser
- How to remove your old CILogon personal certificate from your browser
- How to get a CILogon Silver CA certificate from the command line
- CILogon FAQ
- How to get a host/service certificate (this certificate is used for server authentication)
- Computer security concepts for understanding certificates
- How to use certificates to access SSL-restricted webpages