What is FermiMail?
- FermiMail is an integrated email and calendar system based on Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online.
- Employees at Fermilab normally receive a FermiMail email account when they get their computer account.
- Visitors and Contractors are expected to use the email service provided by their home institutions or organizations.
What is Exchange Online?
Microsoft Exchange Online is a cloud-based version of Microsoft Exchange and is part of the Office 365 suite of products.
How will I get access to Exchange Online?
Log in with your Services username in the form firstname.lastname@example.org and your Services password to access your mailbox.
Do I have to use the new username format (email@example.com) every time?
Yes, this is the correct username format needed to access your mailbox and receive updates from your mail client.
Email and Calendar
FermiMail Client Configuration
Access Microsoft Outlook on the Web for Office 365 Exchange Online
- Log in to Outlook on the Web at https://outlook.com/owa/services.fnal.gov
- As a convenience, you can also connect to https://email.fnal.gov which will redirect you to Outlook on the Web.
Configure Microsoft Outlook to access Office 365 Exchange Online
Configuration Settings to access Exchange Online via IMAP
Configuration Settings for Various Email Clients to Access Office 365 Exchange Online
Please note that support for desktop and mobile clients is provided by Desktop Support.
- Windows Outlook
- Mac Outlook
- Mac Outlook (Manual configuration)
- Mac Mail
- Outlook on the Web (WebMail or Outlook Web Access)
- Windows Thunderbird
- iOS device/iPhone
- Android device
- Thunderbird on a mobile device
- Frequently Asked Questions: General Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions: Troubleshooting
- How to publish your calendar to the internet
- Access a Shared Mailbox with Outlook 2010
- Access a Shared Mailbox with Outlook on the Web (Webmail)