Mac at Fermilab
Supported Mac OS and Software
See KB0012482 for important information about macOS Yosemite v10.10 end of life
Supported versions of macOS
- High Sierra v10.13
- Sierra v10.12
- El Capitan v10.11
Supported Mac Software
Most supported software is available either as part of the default install of macOS or through the Self Service application. If an application is not pre-installed, not available through Self Service and no link in the list below, that means the software may be licensed software and you will need to submit a Service Desk ticket to request it.
Available through Self Service application:
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Citrix Reciever
- Kerberos - The standard krb5.conf is available through Self Service. Link has been provided if you need a copy to edit or for other use.
- Mersive Solstice
- Microsoft Office 2016, including Outlook 2016
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
- ReadyTalk Desktop
Installed with macOS
Q: How can I check what updates have been installed in macOS?
A: Instructions to view installed updates are available in KB0010499
Q: What updates are available?
A: For a list of approved updates see KB0011722
Q: How can I connect to Fermilab VPN when using an iOS device (e.g. iPhone or iPad)?
A: To setup and use Cisco AnyConnect client on iPhone see KB0010394
- Fermilab Mac Users mailing list
- Apple Security Updates
- Change Services Account Password
- Change Kerberos Account Password
- Fermilab Computer Security
- Fermilab Computing Policy
- Apple Federal Employee Purchase Program