Mac at Fermilab
Supported Mac OS and Software
See KB0012240 for important information about macOS Sierra 10.12
Supported versions of macOS
- macOS Sierra v10.12
- macOS El Capitan v10.11
- macOS Yosemite v10.10
Supported Mac Software
Most supported software is available either as part of the default install of macOS or through the Self Service application. If an application is not pre-installed, not available through Self Service and no link in the list below, that means the software may be licensed software and you will need to submit a Service Desk ticket to request it.
Available through Self Service application:
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Citrix Reciever
- Kerberos - The standard krb5.conf is available through Self Service. Link has been provided if you need a copy to edit or for other use.
- Mersive Solstice
- Microsoft Office 2016, including Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Office 2011, including Outlook 2011
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
- ReadyTalk Desktop
Installed with macOS
Q: How can I check what updates have been installed in macOS?
A: Instructions to view installed updates are available in KB0010499
Q: What updates are available?
A: For a list of approved updates see KB0011722
Q: How can I connect to Fermilab VPN when using an iOS device (e.g. iPhone or iPad)?
A: To setup and use Cisco AnyConnect client on iPhone see KB0010394
Unsupported versions of OS X