Extended network outage at Wilson Hall Sunday, March 10
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
A network and cooling outage will occur as a result of electrical work in the Wilson Hall Fiber Central computer room (WH8FC).
There will be no updates to this article or Twitter announcements over the weekend unless problems are encountered.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Sunday, March 10; 5:30 a.m. until noon Central Daylight Time
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
All networking in Wilson Hall will be unavailable. If you are working off site or if you’re on site working in a building other than Wilson Hall on Sunday morning, you may experience sporadic log-in issues with any application that uses a Services password (i.e., FTL/Kronos or the Service Desk website).
Services impacted include:
- Finance backup systems (fifth floor)
- Remote Operating Center (ROC)
- Communication (“Com”) Center
- Twelfth floor control room
- Service Desk (the Service Desk website will be available, but you may not be able to log in)
- Changes or updates to card key access to Wilson Hall (the card-entry system should still work)
- DOE Site Office
- Central Utility Building
- Minos/IF underground networking
- SciBooNE (security camera)
- LED (Education Center)
- FESS/Wilson Hall building monitoring (sixteenth floor)
- Other systems will be posted as they become known
- Instant Messaging (Jabber) will be down briefly Saturday 3/9 from appx. 22:00 to 22:10 and again Sunday 3/10 from appx 22:00 to 22:10. Any jabber clients that drop sessions during the two brief outages should reconnect quickly and automatically.
Services possibly impacted:
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
There is nothing you need to do to prepare for the outage.
If, after the outage period, you experience issues using your desktop computer, please restart your computer. If, after rebooting, you still experience issues, please contact the Service Desk.